Tuesday, January 01, 2008

You can say that again.

I know I've been talking about how much I hate New Year's; the buildup to the New Year's Eve party extravaganza is always just that... a buildup followed annually by a letdown. Still, I realized this morning, while rolling around in my bed sleeping until one, that I'd been waiting for the ball to drop, for that final countdown, like the switch of the calendar from 2007 to 2008 was going to make everything in my life suddenly measurably easier and better. Talk about cliche, right? Still, I am trying to treat this like a fresh start, and use my own actions to make things better. My own determination. I sometimes feel like this kind of thinking is dangerous, because it's sort of all-or-nothing. But I intend to take it one step at a time.

Happy New Year!

No comments: