Monday, January 14, 2008

Planet Earth is awesome

Ok, I realize that everyone else has already seen Planet Earth. I, however, am overloaded by media and stuff to watch and Buffy and whatever, and so I did not get around to watching it until Saturday, despite threatening to do so for years. Now I can tell you what everyone else already has: Planet Earth is fucking amazing. I literally have to buy the DVDs now (although I'm actually holding off since I feel like they'd be better on blu-ray, and I don't want to buy them twice). I could watch them over and over again. I learned so much about weird and amazing animals! (Like this! This is a bird! I swear. It's doing a mating dance. I couldn't remember its name so this is the best picture I could find.) I cringed, I (almost) cried (elephants separated from their mom are really sad), I was cuted to death by baby polar bears. Seriously, watch it watch it watch it. It is amazing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The episode on seasonal forests. Cutest. Birds. Ever. Learning how to fly/falling from trees (and landing safely, don't worry). They show it in slow motion, and it has this music...omg I was laughing so hard I cried. And The Boy was too, which is saying something.

el super said...

i cried when the big polar bear got stranded and couldn't kill a walrus. i wanted the crew to intervene! i also really liked the cave episode for some random reason. it was like a real life scary movie