Monday, January 14, 2008

My weekend, and a video

Yes, I have been away this entire weekend! What is that all about... I think what it's about is, I went into the weekend with a to-do list and came out of the weekend with... the same to-do list. Except for one item (going on CatalogChoice.org and removing myself from mailing lists for catalogs from companies I've never even heard of. Basically I'm unsubscribing from all but J. Crew, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters, because I really just need those ones). However, instead of doing all those things I did a lot of other things. I'll report in on all that soon. In the meantime, look, a funny video with John Mayer in it:



(My roommate sent this to me because he knows I have this guilty love of John Mayer and everything that he does. His blog is really funny, and I really think if I knew him we'd be friends. It's really my only guilty pleasure because most other guilty pleasures I actually am not guilty about because it's like they are made for guilty pleasure -- like the OC or Gossip Girl or something. Whereas John Mayer is a sincere object, at least musically, and while I think he's good he is also roundly mocked by cool people, so I feel guilty anyway. But really, I like John Mayer and I don't care if you think that's lame.)

2 comments:

D said...

If I had a nickel for every musician I have really liked, (and mind you I'm an old guy) that was mocked by supposedly cool people I'd be a rich man. the list is endless. All I can say is John Mayer is a genius...go ahead, you can mock me now

Anonymous said...

I guess it's understandable that he's a little self-conscious. Still, a video like this cries out to be mocked. And I'm a smitten fan!