Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stephanie Congdon Barnes

It's no secret I have a huge blog crush (web crush?) on Stephanie Congdon Barnes, who makes little softie animals and is one half of 3191. SFGirlByBay did an "unexpected guest" Q&A with Stephanie this week and I really liked this one thing she said. In response to the question "Who do you admire and why?" she said, "I admire people that live simply and intentionally." I really like that. That is what I would like to do -- that's why I have such a girl crush on all my design bloggers. Anyway, I just thought it was a good way of putting it. I had really strong intentions when I posted my New Year's Resolutions, but they have already fallen by the wayside a little bit. I am hoping that this week (Sunday, provided I'm not just totally recovering from Peattie's 2nd birthday party of the week -- and I really can't call him a selfish bastard because I have had two birthday parties for like the past four years) I will be able to reclaim that a little bit. Yay for living deliberately.

And on a petty house-decorating note, I really really want to have some kind of whimsies tray like this one. (Minus the Q-tips I guess.) I actually found and saved a few little whimsies when I went through all my old stuff in the garage at my parents' house. I would like to do something with this. The problem is, with everything, that I don't have enough space, at least not enough surface space. Sometime I gotta get myself my own apartment and fill it up with all of my random little things I love instead of squirreling them away. Bah.

I will post a roundup from Snow Trip whenever I get more pictures. I totally did not take any. Besides, all the pictures we have so far include about 584930 cans of beer in them. What's that about living simply and intentionally...?

1 comment:

D said...

sorry to say , you can't live simply AND fill your space with stuff. it don't work.
Not to say that one is necessarily better than the other, they don't jibe ( I think that's the word )