Thursday, January 10, 2008

GigPosters

I discovered this site GigPosters on FFFFOUND! From what I can tell, it's a site with uploads of posters done for various bands' shows. Just images, no purchasing, tragically (it would be impossible, anyway, there are so many). If I could buy any of the posters, I would buy like a hundred. Here are some I discovered by searching for just three artist/band names, uncreatively:

Gotta love werewolves...

I think this one is my favorite. It reminds me of the Teddy Bears' Picnic and Where the Wild Things Are. I REALLY want a print of it.

Like the text of his name here.

Whale!

Orange, and birds. Two of my favorite things.

I just like the sort of retro Victorianness of this one.

Can't figure out what this one reminds me of. Somewhat Goreyesque but it actually reminds me of like a children's book or something.

An unexpected favorite.

More here, here, here, and everywhere.

I think I realize part of the reason I like all of these is that they are sort of children's bookish. Now on to search for them. (I do know of a couple of cool poster stores online for bands like this, and I recognized quite a few of the GigPosters prints from those stores... unfortunately they all sell out pretty easily, it seems.)

(On a related note, why do the Fillmore's posters suck so badly?)

1 comment:

Kim said...

That one Decemberists one reminds me of The Little Prince.