Thursday, November 02, 2006

TMI

I was sort of shocked by the money diaries in this NYMag article. That student who eats out and buys wine for casual meals and buys like 3 coffees a day... while his parents underwrite his lifestyle... I can't quite deal. I admit I'm not the most money savvy person (iPod, extra samosas, and trip to England come to mind as less-than-practical uses of my $20,000-a-year-equivalent-minus-benefits-and-paid-vacation-days salary), but I am better than this. My money diary would look like this:

Tuesday - Trader Joe's, food, tin of coffee, figments, $18
Wednesday - Safeway, tomatoes, Fudgesicles, decaf tea $25
Thursday - Target, toilet paper, carpet cleaner, tampons, chapstick $30

Yes, pretty much that's exactly right. Only usually it's not 3 days in a row. And that's pretty much TMI. TMI. Too much information. I used to say "Don't go there," but that's just - lame.

Bonus: Another article about money between friends. I don't really have a whole lot to say on this subject except that it's vaguely familiar to me.

No comments: