Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm reading this Onion AV Club interview with Chuck Klosterman and I'm realizing how much reading criticism (or hell, just plain hatred) about something you like taints your experience of it. Since I started reading Gawker regularly and therefore taking in their CK haterade, I just can't look at good o' Chuck the same. I always mostly liked him (Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs is good, don't deny it), with a few moments of "Wait, I really could write like this, or maybe better" thrown in for good measure. (I think Chuck and I share something in our writing style, which is, not editing rambles just for the sake of a coherent point, and I think that's partly why people don't like him, because he gets away with that.) Anyway, but it was shocking to me that as I was reading the interview, I was making sarcastic responses to his remarks in my head. For no reason!

No comments: