Thursday, November 09, 2006

Is it just me, or is the President's decision not to remove Rumsfeld months ago when he first considered it a perfect example of Bush's hubris and unwillingness to admit defeat? If Rumsfeld left months ago, the Repubs probably wouldn't have lost so badly - I can just imagine Bush sitting in the Oval Office saying, "We can't get rid of him now. It will look desperate. No, stay the course!"

(On a side note, I continue to be amazed by how old these guys in the White House are. Rumsfeld is 74. That's way past retirement age. I guess the way things work around there, you have to be that old to get that important of a position - just because you have to have been around long enough. But seriously, it kind of weirds me out. McCain is 70. Clinton, on the other hand, was 46 when he took office. See, that seems more like it. Jesus, just for their own health, they sleep like 3 hours a day.)

No comments: