Friday, November 17, 2006

Confession: I know almost nothing about Andy Warhol. My favorite piece of criticism about him came from Chip Kidd, book jacket designer, who said that Andy Warhol was a hack and the real artists were the people who designed the original Campbell's can. (He has a point there.) But I do want to see this movie, because Guy Pearce is kind of creeping me out as Andy Warhol - he doesn't seem like Guy Pearce, which is, after all, the point - and because I'm fascinated by the weird way Sienna Miller talks. It's like she's eating her words. I realized watching this that I'd never seen her speak before - which is weird because she is so ubiquitous and her face is so recognizable. So for that reason alone - seeing the voice and actual acting talent (or lack thereof, I'm open minded on the matter) of a tabloid superstar on the screen. I don't know when Factory Girl comes out, but it's now officially on my radar.

No comments: