Thursday, March 13, 2008

Political Hot Messes and me

I'm actually really trying to focus on work today, and so blogging this week has been a little bit on the back burner. Some stuff that's come up, though:

Justin sent me this awesome NPR slideshow of politicians' wives "standing by their men" in times of crisis. There are some great ones. Some of the wives look just exhausted (Spitzer's wife in particular). The looks on the men's faces are pretty classic, too, Nixon's in particular. God, what a disaster all this stuff is this week.

More from Justin, this video casts even more doubt on our country's politicians and makes me just plain angry.

A pretty interesting (and faster to read than you'd think) piece about the grudge between Obama and McCain.

I am looking forward to the weekend... this week has been more tiring than I expected it to be. It started Sunday night, when I decided that four strong beers at Toronado was a really great idea, and then Daylight Savings Time has completely messed with me. I'll be grateful to sleep in Saturday morning, but I need to buckle down and do some preparation for my Belize trip. By preparation, I mean shopping, but sometimes it feels like hard work.

No comments: