Friday, March 14, 2008

How to kiss someone with braces, and my own humiliation.

So, I am going to get braces. I know!! I don't know yet if they are going to be Invisalign, ceramic or metal. If it's either of the latter I am going to freak out. I told my friend Marcin at work and he was asking what things you can't eat or drink if you have them, and if kissing is weird. So I did some Googling to prove to him that there is actually (or mythically) a possibility of getting your braces stuck to someone else's braces. (I will say now that I don't know anyone with braces so I don't think this will be a problem no matter what.) So then I freaked myself out even more by stumbling across a bunch of articles online about kissing with braces and I pretty much just died. There is actually an eHow article about how to kiss someone with braces! Kill me now!

Honestly, put yourself in my shoes, a 24 year old who will soon be a metal-or-plastic mouth, and read this thing. I guarantee you will cringe.

5 comments:

el super said...

emily, chillax. Marc had braces for like 2 years and i never ever noticed. LIKE EVER. the only thing i did not ice was old nasty food that would create funky smells. soo my recommendation is to get real serious about your flossing habits, but other than that it should be ok.

Kim said...

I think Step 3 is my favorite. It cracked me up, out loud - while I was cringing of course.

And I think the note at the end is pretty funny too..."Um, Doctor? Can you make my braces smoother so I can kiss more passionately without cutting my partner's lips open?" At least your mom won't be taking you to all of your orthodontist appointments.

Anonymous said...

sara says...

wha? why do you need braces again? ceds just got them, the clear ones. i'd vote for invisalign if you get a choice. just from all the bad memories of scraped up lips, etc.

Anonymous said...

Empty-nest mom says...
I wish I could take you to your orthodontist appts. Then I might feel useful.

Anonymous said...

I personally think braces are kind of cute. Though they can create problems if someone isn't gentle enough.