Monday, November 05, 2007

Rage. and fried chicken.

It's amazing how quickly your mood can change. Like, for example, if your plumbing in your apartment is broken for the third time in a week and your landlord keeps pretending that he can fix the problem without a professional. That can affect your mood pretty quickly.

Not to be a total downer, though, I guess. Last night for my birthday I went out with a few people and my sister who is staying with me for last night and tonight. We went to Maverick and it was delicious. This has been a luxurious weekend food-wise, really. At Maverick I got the fried chicken and the pumpkin fritters, which I guess means I had two fried dishes, but, really, who is counting? We had a good pinot noir and then a Zinfandel that I had had at a winery earlier this year and really like. Justin and Dan both ordered the antelope, and I tried it and it was quite frankly amazing. The dessert was good too. All in all a great birthday meal. Lucie was laughing at us because, as she puts it, only in San Francisco can you get fried chicken for $24. Probably not entirely true - you could probably get it for that in New York and maybe LA. But I guess it is a very SF thing to have like free-range antelope and fried chicken and milk & cookies for dessert, all for about $300 for 6 people. Still, I recommend it highly. We'll be going back for brunch.

More later.

1 comment:

KML said...

that sucks about your plumbing :(. do all landlords suck? i thought our old one was one-of-a-kind, but at least we got plumbers to fix stuff....blaaahhh. glad you had a fun time on your bday! :)