Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oh, and...

Yesterday we watched Ratatouille at Laurel's house (and made ratatouille). It was awesome. Seriously, I grinned throughout the whole movie. I was almost embarrassed by how much I liked it. Only, I'm not, because I really think it's just about as close to perfect as a movie can get. It was funny and smart and cute and the animation is really good. It's sad, too, in a way, at times. But still heartwarming, like you would expect. Anyway, I put off seeing it long enough so the rest of you don't have to. Go rent it! Now! Make ratatouille, the easiest French food you could ever make, and settle down and watch the movie. You will thank me.

(I think my favorite detail of the movie is that when Remy, the rat, is scared, and running around Paris or whatever, he gets that sad, panicked animal look, and his heart beats really fast, and you can see his tiny chest rising and falling, and you can just imagine how fragile he would be if you could pick him up in that moment and feel that little flutter in his chest... like picking up a scared bunny. It's that kind of touch that made this movie really realistic, and moving, despite the fact that it's a cartoon.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sara says...
i am going to do that. for real. this week.