Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More thoughts on the Oscars:

Nice how both Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio got shoved out of nominations for The Departed. I think Leo was nominated for supporting in something else (Globes maybe) but he was really kind of the star, but he got nominated for actor in Blood Diamond instead. I feel like no one could decide if they were actors or supporting actors so they got the shaft and Mark Wahlberg got the nomination for supporting. Which he was good at, I guess, although really he was just sort of full of rage the entire movie. Actually thinking about it he was pretty good - I imagine he was much more complex of a character than I could comprehend while on a plane (which is where I saw The Departed).

Going along with the Am Idol Oscar nomination and the Marky Mark nomination we also of course have Eddie Murphy, which, really, no words. If he wins it means movies like Nutty Professor 5 will get to say "Featuring Oscar winner Eddie Murphy!" This is not a novel remark I realize but seriously, please sit back and think about this for one moment.

I haven't seen any of the movies in the Best Actor category. Only 2 in the Best Actress. I think Adriana Barraza should win for Babel, but then again that Rinko Kikuchi girl was really good too and so was the Little Miss Sunshine girl.

Wait, I just got down to best adapted screenplay:

BORAT?

AWESOME.

No comments: