Friday, May 05, 2006

ARGH

Allergies have a very bad reputation. I remember this kid Jason in kindergarten who was allergic to grass and one day, after a rousing bout of soccer or something on the lawn, he was red and puffy and watery-eyed. It was almost enough to ruin his rep as the cutest kid in kindergarten (but not quite enough because he continued to be some kind of sex symbol until high school graduation, if not longer). Allergies also appear in Sleepless in Seattle in Bill Pullman's hapless character, who sneezes so much he sort of misses the moment when his fiancee falls in love with a voice on the radio. Allergies are the lamest sickness. Allergies, my friends, are for pussies.

Allergies are what have beset poor little me since Wednesday night, and at the moment they have conspired to make me lose my voice, call in sick to work, spray my throat with Chloroseptic every 5 minutes since that's the only option I have, make little whiny crying noises every 10 minutes, and generally be a disaster at life.

Not to mention I have to go see my allergist tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. On a Saturday!

Allergies SUCK.

No comments: