Sunday, December 03, 2006

So, I start a new job tomorrow.

That means less posting, in all likelihood, because a) I'll be more busy and b) I don't want to start off my first week at a new job spending all my time blogging during work. Not to say it won't eventually happen, since my friend Renee who used to work there (at the company-which-must-not-be-named) claims that she spent most of her time at work shopping. (And then added, "But, then again, maybe that's why I never became a permanent employee.) But I'd like to think that I'll be busy enough that I won't blog at work, and I'd also like to think that I'd be dedicated and ambitious enough not to blog at work. Here's hoping.

That said, I also recently got a note from another company I applied for telling me they weren't going to hire me. I'm mildly disappointed, although I knew they weren't going to when I didn't hear back from them and I think this one I've taken is better for me anyway. However, their rejection did light a bit of a fire under me as far as writing more and putting effort into this ol' thing. I think I could have a future as an entertainment/culture writer and I'd like to get as much practice in as I can. I know my posts tend to be a little scatterbrained and rambling, which is sort of the way I am, but hopefully with some effort I can be more focused. Doesn't mean I'll give up my epic OC liveblogs (although the show may end soon enough, so it may not matter) or my brief postings about things in the political or religious sphere that piss me off, but... you have to start somewhere, and I think with practice and effort I could have valuable and interesting things to say.

Is this self-centered? Blogs always are, I know. I feel like my periodic promises that this will be something more than just a ramble, something better, are starting to fall on deaf ears. Perhaps it would be better to just do it instead of warning you that it will happen (like the boy who cried wolf). Still, the other asset of blogs is personality - a human touch out in the vast world of the Internet - what's the point of writing yet another ramble on the Internet if you can't even let a bit of yourself shine through?

So here it is. Another vow to get shipshape, combined with an admission that it might take a little while to get in gear thanks to the new job and new schedule. I'll see you around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll be busy enough to not blog, but I sure do enjoy this. So, when you have time. blog baby blog.
The place that dint hire ya don know watt thare missen.
Onward and upward