Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Adventures in Coffee Consumerism

I was driving back from Border's tonight and felt like I wanted a Starbucks. I parked and sat in the car for a minute and thought to myself, "Do I really want Starbucks? It's cold outside, so I should get a hot drink, but I'm feeling like I want something refreshing."

Got out of the car. Walked in, thinking "Maybe I should get tea."

Decided buying tea at Starbucks was stupid since I have tea at home.

Walked up to the counter.

Thought, "Maybe chai tea. That would be unusual and different."

Realized I have mix for chai tea at home, and milk, and could easily make that for myself.

Guy at the counter asked what I wanted.

Realized I didn't want anything since everything I kind of wanted was stuff I could make at home.

Hesitated. Considered leaving. Couldn't quite face the weirdness of ditching the guy at the counter.

Ordered a peppermint mocha, nonfat, with no whip and just one pump of peppermint syrup.

Mocked myself silently.

Got peppermint mocha, sipped it, enjoyyyyyyed it.

Starbucks wins in the end.

No comments: