Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas fun

You know, when I was your age, we called this a survey, not a meme...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog, 1/4 of a cup, once a year. Really. Just had it yesterday.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa does all of it, obvi. His elves also make all the toys.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. White are lame and annoying.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I bought it a couple times a few years in a row in middle school, I don't really know why.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Now, I don't. But usually it's after I harass my parents to do it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Molasses cookies!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Waking up really early and opening my stocking before everyone else got up. Then waiting for everyone else to join. Also, memory of Tippie playing with wrapping paper. And the way the sun shone in my eyes when I sat on the chair facing the tree.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Well, I kinda knew, but it was really a tipoff when I was in the backseat of the car and Mom and Caryl started talking about what to get for stocking stuffers.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, with extended family. Christmas Day is usually just the four of us.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Mom and I did it last year. It kind of depends... but we have a lot of favorites. No garlands. No icicles really anymore either.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, mostly. Don't get it.

12. Can you ice skate? A little.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not a favorite, but I remember when Lucie gave me my first Calvin and Hobbes book - The Authoritative.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Food? Holiday weather?

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Molasses cookies (haha).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching Life of Brian on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? An angel, somewhat odd given our family beliefs.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving, if I can find a good one.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hmm... really no idea. I used to like the Little Drummer Boy. Also have a strange affinity for O Holy Night. But really it's the one that the March family sings in the opening scene of the Winona Ryder version of Little Women. Whatever that is.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? LOVE. Especially King Leo. Or Trader Joe's "Joe Joes" with mint. (They are oreos with candy cane bits on them.)

(via Pages Turned)

No comments: