Thursday, February 21, 2008

Twilight

For anyone who cares about "Twilight," that book about teenage vampires that's being turned into a movie (the book was half gripping and half meh), the casting information is out. Edward, who is the love interest vampire and supposed to be like ethereally weirdly gorgeous, is being played by the kid who was Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies, which I think is rather fitting, and Bella is weirdly almost-attractive but almost-not-attractive and I only recognize her from the previews for that movie "The Land of Women" which was apparently dismal. The only other cast member I've even heard of, although all of MTV's message boards seem to know exactly who everyone is as though they were like Brad Pitt and Scarlett Johanssen (I know bit actors only as "that dude from that show"), is Peter Facinelli, who is best known (literally, not just by me) as the asshole in "Can't Hardly Wait" ("Mike Dexter is a role model!" that movie is so good). Yeah. So not exactly filled with A-listers, but I kind of have this little itch to see the movie when it comes out. Maybe they'll actually write a plot for it.

Update: I just realized that Kristen Stewart (Bella) is the girl in "Into the Wild" -- you know, the prepubescent one who takes him to that weird shrine in the desert. I feel like an idiot.
(via)

No comments: