Sunday, March 04, 2007

unwritten no more

I still find it impossible to believe that Lauren Conrad is a real intern at Teen Vogue, but this new intern blog at teenvogue.com is either a) proof that not all MTV reality shows are totally bullshit or b) proof that all media and for that matter life is caught up in the elaborate fraud of MTV reality shows. (Have I already told you about the meta-ness of Brody Jenner/Spencer whoever he is on The Hills? How Spencer, Heidi's asshole bf, is Brody's manager, stylist, and former producer of short-lived and un-watched MTV reality show the Princes of Malibu - and now Spencer is Brody's co-star on The Hills - another MTV reality show. It's so highly meta I can't even take it anymore.) Honestly I think it's the latter, because looking at the site, three interns get introductions, while the poor beauty editor gets a weird unflattering picture and no cute avatar or introduction... only the three interns who were on MTV get introductions. What a joke... and also, why are all these interns working at Teen Vogue for like, 2 years?

Anyway, I realize I'm only buying into the media machine of MTV reality shows and their "stars," but honestly... it's just too absurd, I'm convinced it's all deeply symbolic or at the very least indicative of the state of modern society. The celebrity spectacle and all, and how it's all so incestuous... and self perpetuating... and I am stopping... NOW.

P.S. I lied. Because how entertaining is this?

No comments: