Thursday, March 15, 2007

Scks/Rocks is a funny search engine mashup (? I am going to call it that, even if it's not a correct term) where you input a term and it tells you if something sucks or rocks (depending, I guess, on how many times people say "X rocks" or "Y sucks" on the Internet). I threw in a few terms and came up with some funny results.

So, Perez Hilton rocks more than Paris, Houston (my destination on a red-eye flight tonight) rocks more than San Francisco (I doubt that), but not as much as Venice, my destination next week. And Kafka rocks more than Kundera but only slightly more than Vonnegut, and the thing has never heard of Shteyngart, which I think is a shame (I haven't read him, so I'm just basing it off the hype) but not surprising I suppose. And don't ask me why I thought of Minnie Mouse. I was trying to think of a celebrity. Coming from someone who reads about 4 celebrity blogs a day, you'd think I could think of someone who wasn't animated, but you can see it took me a few more tries to get there.

Surprise winners in this search include the Olsen Twins and tequila. And me.

No comments: