Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm a Trend Pimp.

(Note: the title of this entry is, yes, from the brilliant film Josie and the Pussycats. My cultural relevance and good taste astound you, I know.)

Funny thing about trend pieces from Gawker. How many of these things do you remember reading? I remember at least half - this is the kind of thing that stays on the NYTimes most e-mailed list for weeks (that and that freaking annoying article about "How Shamu saved my marriage"). Anyway just thought it was funny. The man-date article? How funny was that?

I think Gawker should do a list of style articles in the Times which talk about subjects that are so old they are not anywhere close to being news - like the article about kids buying preppy clothes from A&F instead of goth shit from Hot Topic, or the one about how in California everyone wears flip flops. You would like to think I'm kidding but I'm not.

No comments: