Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pun on the word Zune

Sometimes I start reading an article I linked to from a blog and I think, "Why am I really reading this? It won't change my life in the slightest. Truly, this is just information I don't and will never need."

Then I find fun little nuggets like this one, in an article about Microsoft's upcoming iPod challenger, the Zune:

Lesson 1: Know Your Customer. To create a mass product, Microsoft can't design products for the "blue badgers," as Microsofties call themselves (their identity passes are blue). So Allard has an unusual recurring event scheduled into his calendar. "Once a month," he says, "I go to Target. I get a corn dog, walk the aisles, and listen to customers." [Emphasis is clearly mine.]

I love it when lofty types descend from their high horse to mingle with the masses. Target+corndogs=The American People.

Actually, that has a disturbingly true ring to it.

Oh well. I guess at least it's not Wal-Mart, or the Zune would have a giant yellow happy face on it.

(Having continued to read the article, I have to say - wireless? That is a good idea.)

No comments: