Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lame.

I keep meaning to put up all my stuff about the Internet - like my research/conclusions from my speech to the parents/students of the Menlo School about Myspace etc. But since that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, I just want to share this article. I'm very disgruntled about this invasion of Internet space... Chicago public schools have passed a law saying that students can be punished through the school system for inappropriate behavior on the Internet (blogs). Which is all LAME. I realize it's the Internet, and I reluctatnly agree that it's good to research employees, but come on, it's also the Internet and these things represent approximately 2% of your personality if that. Sure there can be "red flags," but it better be a pretty red flag for you to not hire someone on that basis. Anyway I'm just going to be grumpy about this for a while and post further observations and real thinking later.

No comments: