Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sweet Sixteen! (in MTV theme song voice)

NYTimes article about "My Super Sweet 16." BRILLIANT as always. Sadly I missed the first episode last week because I haven't been paying attention, but I am looking forward to these Indian sisters. Here is a key quote:

"We both want to lose three pounds," said Priya, who received a Mercedes convertible and an assortment of diamond jewelry for her birthday. Her sister's graduation gift package included a Bentley, diamonds and two homes in India.

"I was really surprised," Divya said, "because I was only expecting a Bentley and one house."

Damn, girl.

These kids are like one step below Paris Hilton. By current reality tv celebrity/heir(ess) standards they should definitely be spending their time getting drunk and crashing cars in LA with the Laguna Beach kids, who look like country bumpkins in comparison to the My Super Sweet 16 crowd.

There is a reason people think America is headed for a fall. But I kind of love it.

No comments: