Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Lido Deck

I should clarify that I have never been on a cruise. It sounds amazing though... a week of sun, sleep, sex, sloppy drunkenness, sloth, and sweet, sweet gluttony.

Like my alliteration?

At any rate, today is a cruise day. A Lido Deck day. The kind of day where, if I had no work, which of course I do, I would go out on the grass somewhere on campus (where I do not live) with a margarita, sunglasses, a bathing suit (actually probably not a bathing suit, but at the very least a skirt or bermuda shorts) and a stereo. The kind of day that inspired us to buy a slip-n-slide my freshman year - that caused Laurel and me to be late to Human Sexuality every day because we had to walk leisurely in the hot sun from golf to Jamba Juice on the way to class. The kind of day where 7 people will pile into a tiny Corolla, sweating and sticky, just because they want a Slurpee and there is only one car available. A lie-out-in-the-grass-and-read day.

But instead, it seems to be a work-day. A stay inside in the suffocating air conditioning, almost cold enough indoors for a space heater, half-work and then procrastinate because it should be a cruise day.

Adult living SUCKS.

No comments: