Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lost and Found

I was going through my piles of miscellaneous papers from senior year of high school up until now (I periodically feel compelled to organize my records of my past as though that would help me figure out the future) and I found some entertaining stuff. One particularly enigmatic note had to have been from the past year and a half, since it is written on note paper that was a gift to me when I started my CA job in September 2004. I find it quite intriguing since they sort of seem meaningful and possibly even class-related, but I have no idea what they belong to. Oooh, lost records of the past...

-if novels instruct how to live, what does this mean?
-tweed coat - being what you want to be? college
-what they mean to us?
-screaming a word inside head
-literature takes you out of your head - writing
-language - don't let it be accidental
-lit can do that too (for Cal)
-what books have changed your life?
-density
-unhappy vs. happy - textured
-living a life - being aware you're living
-"you live twice" -RR
-indian cannot impersonate an indian
-peer pressure - friends know a certain kind of way - going into self (living twice)
-"this would make a really good scene"
-"redemptive"
-everybody has a part of themselves that is invisible
-version of RR that works for this essay - multiple selves
-would this be a good scene
voyeur
spectator

The last two words are circled, as though I came to some deep conclusion in the end. It must be notes for an essay or about an essay - especially with the "RR" credits, "Redemptive" in quotes, and the random phrase "indian cannot impersonate an indian." However, I never took notes on this paper (it's shaped like an "E" and you have to write around the legs of the "E" so it's basically impossible to write more than 8 words to a page) and as a result I am baffled. Any ideas? If so, please comment.

In fact, comment anyway.

No comments: