Monday, March 20, 2006

ffjksdlfdjks

I am so tired of this. First of all, the book was terrible. Secondly, when authors "appropriate architecture" from a "historical speculation" book (which is some sort of hypothetical nonfiction), it's called research.

Last week pinkisthenewblog posted a link to a Dan Brown copyright trial article with the title, "Don't any authors tell the truth anymore?"

To which I responded, to myself... did they tell the truth before? That's why it's called fiction, people.

Also, the whole copyright trial hinges on the fact that both books explore the idea that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had a kid. Didn't anyone see Dogma? Hello? I seem to remember Alan Rickman (sexy-voiced Metatron) putting forth the same theory and no one hung up that film's release.

Maybe this is a vast conspiracy on the part of the suing party to get Da Vinci Code pulled from bookstores. In which case, I should shut up and let them sue away.

No comments: