Monday, June 30, 2008

Memo to David Plouffe & Barack Obama

Dude. I love you. I have donated. A lot, actually, considering my economic situation at the moment (somehow spent away my yearly bonus, my stimulus check and my tax refund within the span of like two months). I believe in the whole grass-rootsiness of your campaign, even to the point where I've forgiven you for backing out of public financing despite your embrace of it in principle. I'm finding it hard to forgive you for never mailing me my T-shirt that I bought back in January, even though at the time I wrote it off as just another $40 worth of a donation... or for having a really crappy customer service phone line. I am also pretty skeptical that you will ever mail me my "limited edition" DVD of your "More Perfect Union" speech, even though I donated before your "deadline" (read: end of the month, for reporting purposes, obvi) for that and before my friend Peattie did, and he got his DVD two weeks ago. Plus, I'm pretty pissed that you decided that the death penalty is ok, even if you only think it's ok in extreme cases, and I'm also pissed that you backed out of the fight on the FISA bill. So now I'm especially pissed that you keep sending me, every day, e-mails urging me to donate now! in order to get another "limited edition" T-shirt. So. Stop. Thank you.

7 comments:

D said...

It's like when you buy something with a credit card and they take the cash insatntly. but try to get a refund and it is like weeks. don't donate anymore until they make it right. besides you need the money more than he does

Lola said...

i'm annoyed at them ever since i wanted to buy the second special edition poster and debated over it for hours before putting it in my cart, and then it turned out they had lied and it wasn't available any more after all.

also, the free t-shirts are kinda lame. and, along a similar vein, moveon.org still hasn't sent me their promised free obama bumper sticker.

Lola said...

er, sorry, i didn't mean to post as my cat. this is maia.

D said...

AND
as of today, I am really pissed about Obamas wish to EXPAND the funding of faith based group, our dear goofball president set up. come on man, what the hell is happening to you?
Don't make me wish I'd voted for Hillery

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate that the first Obama stinks post relates to unreceived Obamabot chachkes but I'll take what I can get.

-CO

Casey said...

The death penalty thing really irks me.

Ellen said...

Also, I don't need any more T-shirts, but I could use a swell tote bag...